“Info on the go” just got better, thanks to new upgrades to Metro-North’s popular Train Time app! The enhanced range of travel information, as well as easier search and navigation options, are designed to make customers’ travels easy with a few swipes of their smartphones!
What more info can you possibly get from using this app?
This year’s upgrades are guaranteed to make travelling on Metro-North even easier! You can:
• Search by arrival times
• Use the enhanced “favorites” editing
• Explore larger maps
• Reverse your favorite trips
• Find your station using a simplified search process
• Receive improved service alerts
Combine these upgrades with current app capabilities—real-time train status and track information, invaluable emergency service alerts and service advisory notices on planned changes, station information, schedules and fares, elevator/escalator status, parking availability and getaway packages—and you have it all in the palm of your hands!
The app takes you from the clearly defined search categories on our cleanly designed navigation screen to the details that you need to know to travel a route for the first time or for the 500th time!
And for those of you traveling into Grand Central, there is a map of the Terminal that pinpoints ticket windows, Ticket Vending Machines and kiosks locations.
Some highlights of the app include: (Click images to enlarge)
• Service Status and Service Advisory Notices that are always at your fingertips with info on planned service changes along our territory, as well as emergency service details. And you’ll know if there is something going on that affects service because a special icon notifier (it resembles an exclamation point in a circle) will appear next to the Service Status link letting you know there is new content.
• A “My Favorite Trip” feature that lets you personalize up to six trips (station to station) that you regularly take—your daily commute, for example, or occasional weekend visit to parents or relatives. You can easily edit the trip if any of your parameters change!
• A Trip Search & Fares screen. Just type in from where and when you want to travel— by depart or arrive time—and you’ll get all the info for the upcoming trains, including travel time, departure track and train status! You can select trip details or elect to find fares for the trip. Select a specific time and see train stops and transfer points, if any. You can also see the status of elevator/escalator service (if available) at the station and you can see in real-time whether the train is on-time, early or delayed.
Whether you are a daily commuter looking for real-time info about your regular trip or an occasional traveler searching for the best trip option, the Metro-North Train Time App is the most convenient and accurate way to help you plan a seamless travel experience.
Our new and free app is available for iPhone and Android smartphones… Download it today!