New Fares Effective March 19, 2017
To Our Customers:
New fares will go into effect on the Harlem and Hudson Lines, as well as on the New Haven Line for travel between stations in New York State ONLY, on Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Look for the following specific changes:
- For monthly and weekly commuters, fares will increase by no more than 3.75%. Monthly ticket increases will not exceed $15.00.
- Intermediate monthly and weekly ticket increases are also capped at 3.75%. Some one-way fares will have larger increases only because fares must occur in 25-cent increments. For these one-way fares, any increase greater than 6 percent would be not more than 50 cents per ride.
- Monthly/Weekly UniTicket Fares will increase by approximately 4.0%.
- The cost of Family Fare tickets and City Tickets remain unchanged.
See tables below for sample fares:
Hudson & Harlem Line to/From GCT New Haven Line (NY State only) Intermediate Fares within New York State We'd like to remind you about the timesaving and convenient purchasing options that will save you money:
- The best and most cost-effective way to buy tickets is by purchasing multiple-ride tickets (such as monthly, weekly, or ten-trip tickets) in advance of your trip. Visit a ticket window or ticket machine, or use MTA eTix®, the free mobile ticketing app that lets you purchase tickets directly on your smartphone or mobile device.
- Pre-tax federal transit benefits programs can help you save on commuting costs. Contact your employer and ask about participation that saves both you and your company money. See our Pre-tax Fare Benefits page for more details.
- Join Mail&Ride and enjoy the convenience of our monthly ticket-by-mail subscription service. Save 2% on the rail portion when you purchase a joint Monthly Ticket/Monthly Unlimited MetroCard. You can manage your account online, and pay using a number of convenient options.
- Google Translate