Hudson Valley, CT & Beyond Getaways
Beacon Blend Walking TourSaturdays, April through October at 11 a.m.
Taking you through the happening of Beacon, blending stories of the past with the current culture of this small city. You'll step through this great movement of revitalizing old factories scattered across this past "twin city". We'll share stories as noble as a Kennedy or George Washington and as simple as a factory worker while showing off some quirky remnants of this past factory town. This guided walk is two hours and 15 minutes and starts in front of the "Head" mural on the corner of North Chestnut Street and Main Street (314 Main Street). We end the tour with plenty of boutiques and eateries to complete your day with lunch and shopping.
- Metro-North round-trip rail tickets
- 2-hour and 15-minute guided tour of the East End of Main Street
- Stops may include the following
- 12508 Post Office - Glimpse into this historic site exploring and connections to American history, art, and architecture of the Hudson Valley.
- Drink More Good - Modern Beacon factory producing organic and locally sourced soda syrups.
- Howland Cultural Center - Iconic building with links to impressive people of the 19th and 20th century.
- One East Main Street - Evolution of Beacon's urban beginnings.
- The Roundhouse - Continuation of the factory turned modern, urban.
- Beacon Bath & Bubble - Whimsical shop rooted in Beacon's community and more!
To make a reservation for a tour, click here or call 845-943-9490 for more information. Package must be purchase at least seven days in advance for rail tickets to be mailed.
Take the Hudson Line to Beacon Station. Train departs Grand Central Terminal at 8:43 a.m. Transportation to the meeting location is not included but can be arranged. Please call 845-943-9490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
View Beacon Arts Guide here.
- Google Translate