As Metro-North continues to gradually reopen in response to changes in heath guidelines, we continue special protocols to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy. These measures are intended to allow safe travel on our trains as customers begin their return to work
- We continue to provide the most aggressive cleaning and disinfecting program in agency history, fully disinfecting our stations twice a day, and trains every 24 hours.
- Customers and employees must wear face masks or coverings while on Metro-North property, including in stations, on trains and at Grand Central Terminal.
- If you don't have a mask, ask your conductor for one. At many stations there are also new Vengo vending machines where you can purchase a face mask.
- Customers and employees should social distance by 6 -feet or more where possible, especially in stations, on platforms, when entering trains and in the Terminal.
- Floor decals indicating safe social distancing have been placed In Grand Central Terminal and select stations, at the Information Booth, in the Station Master’s Office, at any open ticket window, at Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), and at restroom entries. Please follow the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available from dispensers at many stations.
Changes in how you can purchase tickets continue to be effect at Metro-North until further notice to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Customers should use MTA eTix to purchase their tickets whenever possible to reduce contact.
- Cash is now being accepted on board trains.
- Cash, credit/debit cards are accepted at all TVMs, and at STVMs, Apple Pay ® is accepted as well.
- Many ticket offices are closed. The following ticket offices are open with limited hours, Monday to Friday only at Grand Central Terminal (6 AM – 10:30 PM), White Plains, (6 AM – 10:30 PM), and Stamford, (6 AM – 11 PM).
At Grand Central Terminal, customers can expect the following additional changes:
- On the Lower Level of GCT some retail shops are open for take-out business only (no sit-down food consumption will be allowed during this time.)
- Men’s and Women’s restrooms are temporarily located at the Station Master’s Office, and the south side rest rooms will be reopened on the Lower Level.
At Metro-North, the health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. We look forward to a gradual return to service.
#WearAMask #StopTheSpread #SaveLives