Since March of 2020, Metro-North has instituted a number of protocols to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy. These measures are intended to allow safe travel on our trains
- We are providing the most aggressive cleaning and disinfecting program in agency history, fully disinfecting our stations twice a day, and trains every 24 hours.
- Customers and employees must wear face masks or coverings while on Metro-North property, regardless of social distancing.
- If you don't have a mask, ask your conductor for one. At many stations there are also new Vengo vending machines where you can purchase a face covering.
- Customers and employees should social distance by 6 - feet or more where possible, especially in stations, on platforms, when entering trains and in the Terminal.
- Floor decals indicating safe social distancing have been placed throughout our system. Please follow these recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available from dispensers at many stations.
Changes in how you can purchase tickets continue to be effect at Metro-North until further notice to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Customers should use MTA eTix to purchase their tickets whenever possible to reduce contact.
- Cash, credit/debit cards are accepted at all TVMs, and at STVMs, Apple Pay ® is accepted as well.
At Grand Central Terminal, customers can expect the following additional changes:
- On the Lower Level of GCT some retail shops are open for take-out business only (no sit-down food consumption will be allowed during this time.)
At Metro-North, the health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. We look forward to a gradual return to full service.
#WearAMask #StopTheSpread #SaveLives