On Monday, June 8, Metro-North’s Phase 1 Reopen Includes Aggressive Disinfection, Masks and Social Distancing
As the region prepares for a Phase 1 reopen on Monday, June 8, Metro-North has put in place protocols to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy. These measures are intended to allow safe and clean travel on our trains as customers begin a slow return to work. The current May 27 train schedule will remain in effect until June 15. In addition:
- We continue to provide the most aggressive cleaning and disinfecting program in agency history, fully disinfecting our stations every 12 hours, and trains every 24 hours.
- Customers and employees must wear face masks or coverings while on Metro-North property, including in stations, on trains and at Grand Central Terminal, unless it is not medically feasible to do so.
- Customers and employees should social distance by 6 -feet or more where possible, especially in stations, on platforms, when entering trains and in the Terminal.
- Floor decals indicating safe social distancing have been placed In Grand Central Terminal and select stations, at the Information Booth, in the Station Master’s Office, at any open ticket window, at Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), and at restroom entries. Please follow the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be given out from Monday June 8 through Friday 12, to customers at some stations located in the Bronx on the Hudson and Harlem lines.
Changes in how you can purchase tickets continue to be effect at Metro-North until further notice to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Customers should use MTA eTix to purchase their tickets whenever possible to reduce contact.
- No cash will be accepted on board trains and at ticket windows, but credit/debit cards will be accepted to purchase tickets;
- Cash, credit/debit cards are accepted at all TVMs, and at STVMs, Apple Pay ® is accepted as well.
- Starting Thursday June 11th Some ticket offices will reopen with limited hours from Monday to Friday only, at Grand Central Terminal (6 AM – 10:30 PM), White Plains, (6 AM – 10:30 PM), and Stamford, (6 AM – 11 PM).
At Grand Central Terminal, customers can expect the following additional changes:
- The North Entrance to the Terminal is closed until further notice.
- The Lower Level of GCT will reopen for retail shops doing take-out business only (no sit-down food consumption will be allowed during this time.)
- Men’s and Women’s restrooms are temporarily located at the Station Master’s Office, and the south side rest rooms will be reopened on the Lower Level.
- The Vanderbilt Hall entrance continues to be closed until further notice.
- All escalators to 44th Street/MetLife building will reopen.
At Metro-North, the health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. We look forward to a gradual return to service.
#WearAMask #StopTheSpread #SaveLives