Effective Wednesday, May 27, Metro-North Increases Service on Hudson, Harlem & New Haven Lines
Effective Wednesday, May 27, Metro-North is increasing service on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines as the Mid-Hudson region is expected to begin Phase 1 of reopening.
The expanded service represents an overall increase of 26 percent in peak train availability since our essential service went into effect on April 13. Metro-North will also have 14 protect trains strategically positioned at major facilities to operate additional service as may be necessary.
The changes in service are as follows:
- New train departs Poughkeepsie at 5:24 a.m., all stops to Croton-Harmon, then Ossining, Tarrytown and express to Harlem/125th Street, arrives GCT at 7:21 a.m.
- New train departs Croton-Harmon at 6:26 a.m., all stops to GCT, arrives 7:39 a.m.
- New train departs GCT at 4:14 p.m., stops at Harlem-125th St, express to Tarrytown, Ossining, Croton-Harmon and all stops to Poughkeepsie, arrives at 6:11 p.m.
- New train departs GCT at 3:49 p.m., all stops to Croton-Harmon, arrives 4:58 p.m.
- New train departs Southeast 5:29 a.m., all stops to White Plains at 6:22 a.m., express to Harlem/125th Street, arrives GCT at 7:10 a.m.
- Two new trains depart North White Plains at 5:28 a.m. and 6:28 a.m., White Plains at 5:31 a.m. and 6:31 a.m., all stops to GCT arriving at 6:34 am. and 7:34 a.m.
- New train departs GCT at 4:39 p.m., Harlem-125th, express to White Plains at 5:17 p.m., all stops to Southeast, arrives at 6:20 p.m.
- Two new trains depart GCT at 3:16 p.m. and 4:16 p.m., all stops to White Plains arriving at 4:13 p.m. and 5:13 p.m. and North White Plains at 4:21 p.m. and 5:21 p.m.
Harlem Line – Reverse Peak:
- Outbound: New train departs GCT at 7:16 a.m., all stops to White Plains arriving at 8:13 a.m. and North White Plains at 8:21 a.m.
- Inbound: New train departs North White Plains at 3:28 p.m., White Plains at 3:31 p.m., all stops to GCT arriving at 4:34 p.m.
New Haven Line:
- New train departs New Haven at 6:19 a.m., all stops to Stamford at 7:26 a.m., express to Harlem/125th Street, arrives GCT at 8:19 a.m.
- Two new trains depart Stamford at 6:28 a.m. and 7:28 a.m., all stops to GCT arriving at 7:44 a.m. and 8:44 a.m.
- New train departs GCT at 4:34 p.m., Harlem-125th St, express to Stamford at 5:27 p.m., all stops to New Haven, arriving at 6:38 p.m.
- Two new trains depart GCT at 4:05 p.m. and 5:05 p.m., all stops to Stamford arriving at 5:21 p.m. and 6:21 p.m.
The following additional schedule and service changes will continue to be in effect:
- On the Danbury Branch, substitute busing which went into effect on May 16 until further notice;
- On the Waterbury Branch, substitute busing which went into effect on April 6 until further notice;
- Suspension of weekend train service between Southeast and Wassaic, a change that went into effect on March 28.
- Hudson Rail Link buses serving Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale will operate on special schedules to connect with trains operating on the enhanced schedule.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining and Newburgh-Beacon ferry services remain suspended, with no substitute bus service.
Free parking for West of Hudson customers is provided at Irvington, Tarrytown and Beacon. See our Connecting Service page for more information.
Off peak fares are in effect during this special schedule.
Metro-North continues to undertake the most aggressive cleaning and disinfecting program in agency history – fully sanitizing our stations every 12 hours, and trains every 24 hours.
On all Metro-North property and until further notice, all customers are required to wear a mask or face covering and to maintain social distance, particularly while in Metro-North stations, on our platforms, and in Grand Central Terminal; to board trains at all available doors and to take seats that maximize social distancing.
We also recommend that customers consider riding our trains at non-peak hours, such as before 7 AM and after 6 PM, where possible.
At Metro-North, we’re here for the region’s critical workers and first responders. Please only use the trains for essential travel.
|Stay Home||Stop the Spread||Flatten the Curve|
#WearAMask #StopTheSpread #SaveLives
- Google Translate