Metro-North Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines,
Essential Travel Schedule Modification,
Effective Monday, April 13
Starting Monday, April 13, Metro-North will operate on an hourly schedule on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines on both weekdays and weekends.
The new temporary schedule is in response to a reduction in ridership of more than 95 per cent as customers in the region have honored stay-at-home orders as a precaution against COVID-19.
We would like to remind customers that trains are running for health-care workers, first responders and essential personnel only. If you don't absolutely need to be traveling, please stay home.
The service modifications on April 13 also include the following changes:
- On the Harlem Line, trains will operate every two hours on weekdays between Southeast and Wassaic; there is no service between Southeast and Wassaic on weekends. See swww.mta.info/mnr for details.
- Trains will operate hourly on the New Canaan Branch.
- For Danbury Branch and Waterbury Branch service, please see www.mta.info/mnr for details as service is subject to change.
The new schedule is accessible through our electronic system at https://new.mta.info, or at http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm , or use our TrainTime application, http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/traintimeapp.htm .
If you must travel, customers should be aware of the following additional changes that were made to our operations to accommodate COVID-19 precautions:
- All ticket offices are temporarily closed.
- Cash is temporarily no longer accepted for ticket purchases on board Metro-North trains. We encourage our customers to use MTA eTix on your smartphone, which is the easiest (and safest) way to purchase train tickets. Customers can also use credit or debits cards on board, or can also purchase tickets with cash at our Ticket Vending Machines located at our stations.
For real time alerts, please register at https://m.mymtaalerts.com/LoginC.aspx
- Google Translate