Hamptons Reserve Service: The Best Route to the Hamptons!
Sold Out: 7/20, & 7/27, & 8/3
- New For 2018
- Reservation Policy
- Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Boarding Tips
- Forgotten / Lost Tickets
- Hamptons Reserve Schedule
- Cell Phone Courtesy
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
Looks like summer is finally on its way and the LIRR is ready to take you to your Hamptons destinations quickly, safely and comfortably with Hamptons Reserve service on the Cannonball. Hamptons Reserve service offers you direct travel - every Friday at 4:06pm from Penn Station to Westhampton in 95 minutes and every Sunday departing Montauk at 6:37pm. All with the added comfort of a reserved seat.
- Online Reservation Form – All reservations will be done electronically on our website. We no longer will accept any paper reservation forms.
- Beverage and Snack Sales – Due to elimination throughout the LIRR, we will no longer offer this service.
- The reservation office opens Monday May 1 for SEASONAL reservations. Seasonal reservations require purchasing seats for eight (8) or more travel dates in either direction (Eastbound or Westbound)
- No Phone Reservations – All reservations are done ONLINE ONLY. Go here, fill out the form and hit submit.
- Waiting list – All customers unable to get a reservation due to the date(s) being sold out will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which their request was received. Requests will be filled from the waiting list starting at noon on Thursday of the week traveling from the cancellations received for that week.
Customers who canceled 50% or more of their seasonal reservation trips in the prior year will not be permitted to make seasonal reservations for the current year - weekly reservations will still be available.
- Eastbound Service - $51.25 in advance
Departs Fridays – 4:06pm from Penn Station - May 25 through August 31 and goes non-stop to Westhampton in 95 minutes. For the 4th of July holiday weekend the Cannonball East will depart on Friday 6/29.
- Westbound Service – $43.25 in advance
Departs Sundays* at 6:37pm from Montauk, East Hampton at 7:01pm, Bridgehampton at 7:10pm, Southampton at 7:20pm, Hampton Bays at 7:31pm and Westhampton at 7:39pm, then express to Jamaica arriving at 9:15pm and then on to Penn for a 9:39 arrival.
- Cancellations MUST be made in advance. All cancellations must be made by NOON of the Thursday prior to your departure date. If cancellation is not made in advance, no refund will be given.
- Cancellations can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tickets must be sent back within 60 days from the date of sale on the tickets to receive a refund.
- Once you cancel, mail in your tickets to: Hamptons Reserve Office at 146-01 Archer Ave, Jamaica, NY 11435, mail code #1437. Include your name and address and ALL tickets being returned. Tickets must be returned within 60 days of the date of sale on the ticket. All refund requests must be received no later than November 5, 2018.
- Hamptons Reserve tickets are subject to a $10 refund processing fee.
- Require purchasing seats for eight (8) or more travel dates in either direction (Eastbound or Westbound).
- All tickets must be paid for at time of reservation. Your credit card will only be charged once the reservation has been booked.
- You must pick up your tickets from either the Hamptons Reserve table or Customer Service Office in Penn Station. No tickets will be given out on the train.
- Tickets will be available for pick up in bulk at Penn Station starting at 2pm on Friday’s (starting 5/25) from the Hamptons Reserve table or in advance at the Customer Services Office; see your confirmation e-mail for details.
- A cancellation rate of 50% or greater from the prior year will preclude your request for current year seasonal reservations.
- Ticket is valid for travel only on date and time printed on ticket.
- Seasonal Reservation Form
Weekly Reservations: Beginning May 21 (12am)
- You can ONLY make your reservations one week at a time - beginning the Monday of the week you are traveling via the website starting at midnight. ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANCE ORDERS WILL BE TAKEN.
- Your credit card will only be charged once the reservation has been booked.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your reservation has been processed.
- You must pick up your tickets from the Hamptons Reserve table in Penn Station. No tickets will be given out on the train.
- Ticket is valid for travel only on date and time printed on ticket.
- Weekly Reservation Form
- Call 511, say "LIRR" at the prompt, say "More Options," at the main menu say "Hamptons Reserve."
- The Hamptons Reserve Office will be open Monday through Thursday 9am – 3pm for phone inquiries, NO RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY PHONE.
- Hamptons Reserve service cars (#4055, #4061 and #4071) will always be the first three cars for Cannonball East and the rear first car for Cannonball West.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to allow enough time for boarding.
- At Penn Station please enter station by 34th Street Corridor and board Hamptons Reserve in the first three cars. Easy access is available by boarding via Track 19 entrance to the left of Penn Station Ticket Windows, next to McDonalds (see Hamptons Reserve access map here).
- For return on Cannonball West always board last car from East End Stations.
- Car & seat numbers are given when your reservation is filled.
- Please properly store your luggage under your seat or in overhead racks and away from the aisles, stairs or vestibule areas.
- Extra luggage space is available near the vestibule and on the lower level of the car.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the Cannonball train. See LIRR Bicycle Permit Regulations
Forgotten / Lost Tickets
The LIRR is not responsible for forgotten or lost tickets. If you forget your ticket or lose your ticket, you will need to purchase another ticket. Fares paid in lieu of forgotten or lost tickets are not refundable.
Hamptons Reserve Schedule
Hamptons Reserve service is available on The Cannonball East, our premier non-stop express train to the Hamptons/Montauk on Friday afternoons and returning on Sundays on The Cannonball West during the summer as follows:
Train Service Schedule
Eastbound (Cannonball East) to Hamptons/Montauk & Westbound (Cannonball West) to Penn Station
| The Cannonball
Please Board First Three Cars
Please Board Rear Car
*Special westbound service on Monday May 28 and September 3 and Wednesday July 4.
- Please be courteous and aware of others around you when using your cell phone.
- Keep your call short and to the point - fellow customers may be trying to sleep or relax.
- If you must engage in an extended phone conversation, move to the vestibule of the train to minimize impact on others.
- Use silent or vibrating ringer options.
- Refrain from accepting incoming calls when possible. If you must receive a call, keep your cell phone handy so you can answer quickly and keep it short.
- Utilize the cell phone’s caller ID or text messaging features to screen incoming calls. Let your voicemail manage non-urgent calls.
Every year a pre-season letter and summer schedule is sent to our Mailing List customers.
We hope to see you often this summer and thank you very much for your patronage. If you have any questions, please contact our Hamptons Reserve service representatives by calling 511 - say “LIRR” – then say “More Options” at the LIRR opening greeting – then say “Hamptons Reserve”.
- Google Translate