Getaway on Your Own
Take the LIRR to the station indicated (linked to train schedules and fares). For more information, check the event website link, or call the phone numbers listed.
Fun in New York City
High Line Park
The High Line is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side. It runs from Gansevoort Street in the Meatpacking District to West 34th Street, between 10th and 12th Avenues.
- Dec 1 to Mar 31: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Apr 1 to May 31: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM, June 1 to Sept 30: 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM, Oct 1 to Nov 30: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- 14th Street 8th Avenue to 34th Street 11th Avenue
- LIRR Schedules
Free in NYC
NYCgo.com offers a list of things to do for free, and other itineraries for those in need of ideas for fun trips and places to visit.
Gray Line Sightseeing
A great way to see New York City: Explore various neighborhoods in Manhattan or Brooklyn on Gray Line's hop-on, hop-off double-decker buses. Spend as much time as you like at one stop, re-board a bus and continue on to the next neighborhood.
- Walk west from Penn 34th Street entrance to 8th Avenue; proceed uptown to 777 Eighth Avenue.
- C or E uptown to 50th St. (8th Avenue)
- LIRR Schedules
- LIRR Discount Package
Long Island Fun - Coupons
Discover Long Island site has a collection of money saving coupons.
Tanger Outlet Shopping - Deer Park
Start your holiday shopping at Tanger Outlet-The Arches at Deer Park. They offer more than 70 stores, a movie theater, and ice skating in the winter. Set in a Tuscan Village style, The Arches is conveniently located a short distance from the Deer Park LIRR Train Station. Purchase the Tanger Deer Park package at open ticket offices and ticket machines (gray or blue). The package includes rail fare to Deer Park station, where you can board the Tanger Outlet Shuttle for a short ride to the center. Turn in the voucher stub at the Tanger Outlets Shoppers Services.
- 152 The Arches Circle, Deer Park
- LIRR Schedules Free Shuttle from station to Tanger’s
- LIRR Discount Package
"Port Jeff" is a picturesque village of natural beauty and a worthy trip for a day of fun. Tucked away in many of the winding little streets are some fantastic restaurants and shops. Take advantage of the Long Island Rail Road"s LIRR Discount Package
- A short taxi ride (included in package)
- LIRR Schedules ($5 one way taxi fare, without package, 631-473-0707)
- Package offered daily
Train to the Game LIRR One-Ticket Ride to the New Meadowlands Stadium for Football Games and Select Events.
Seatuck Environmental Center
Encounter the wild world of Long Island in these unique programs designed for children ages 3-5 and at least one accompanying adult. Fun for the whole family awaits as you explore Long Island's natural world!
- Various dates and times
- Various locations in Suffolk County
- 631- 581-6908
For more travel ideas on Long Island visit:
- Discover Long Island
- Gold Coast Mansions/Historic LI
- Long Island Arts Alliance
- Long Island Events
- Long Island Wine Country
- LIRR NYC Getaways
- LIRR One-Day Getaways
Train to the Game: the LIRR is the best way to see your teams and players in action.
Ways to Save on Train Travel:
- Small groups of adults can save with LIRR Off-Peak Ten Trip tickets which offer 15% off fares and can be shared. These tickets are good for six months and are available at "Ticket" machines and offices.
- Groups of 30 or more can save with LIRR Group Rates, however smaller groups (15 or more) may also save by paying this rate for 30 people. Call 511, say LIRR, then "Group Travel" to make a reservation.
- Family Travel Tip: The LIRR Family Fare allows up to four children, ages 5-11, to travel for $1.00 each way on off-peak trains when accompanied by an adult; children under 5 ride free (family fare ticket CAN be used for afternoon peak train; NOT morning peak)
Join Our Mailing/Email List here
Enjoy your trip and thank you for riding the Long Island Rail Road.
- Google Translate