Please visit alert.mta.info for the most up-to-date travel information during Winter Storm Juno.
2014 Belmont Park Stakes
146th Running of the Belmont Stakes: Saturday, June 7
- Buy Round-trip Belmont Park tickets in advance
- Listen for announcements to board trains to and from Belmont Park
- Look for LIRR personnel who will be assigned to assist you
- No alcohol allowed on LIRR trains
- No alcohol allowed into Belmont Park
- No coolers, back packs or duffle bags
- No purses larger than 12” in diameter
- This schedule/plan is subject to change
- After the Stakes wait times can range from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on attendance level
For Travel to Belmont from New York City and, Brooklyn and Queens
Belmont Park is only a half-hour from midtown Manhattan by train. Package tickets for Belmont Park can be purchased at LIRR Stations and Ticket Machines in advance or on the day of travel.
Buying LIRR Tickets
Be sure to buy your ticket before boarding. Belmont Package tickets are available at open ticket offices, as well as gray and blue Ticket Machines. Just press the "Deals & Getaways" button on the first screen, then select "Belmont Park". You can pay with cash, ATM/debit or credit cards at ticket offices and gray or green machines; blue machines accept debit and credit cards only. Ticket Machines are available at most stations.
LIRR tickets are good for 60 days from date of sale; refundable within 60 days from date of sale and are subject to a $10 refund processing fee per transaction.
Fares from New York, Brooklyn and Woodside
At Stations: one-way $8, round-trip $14
On-Board: one-way $14 (round-trip no longer available)
Fares from Jamaica
At Stations: one-way $7, round-trip $11
On-Board: one-way $12 (round-trip no longer available)
Round-trip Package Fares from Long Island (not valid on peak trains)
Zone 3 (Rosedale, St Albans, Queens Village, Hollis) - $11
Zone 4 (Far Rockaway, Lynbrook, Hempstead, Mineola) - $13
Zone 7 (Long Beach, Massapequa, Hicksville, Oyster Bay) - $15
Zone 9 (Babylon, Deer Park, Huntington, Northport) - $18
Zone 10 (Bay Shore, Sayville, Ronkonkoma, Patchogue, Pt. Jefferson) - $24
Commutation Ticket Holders
Weekly and monthly ticket holders can use their tickets for travel to Jamaica and need only purchase a $11 round-trip package ticket at an LIRR station/machine prior to boarding the Belmont trains to cover the fare between Belmont Park and Jamaica. Round-trip tickets are not sold on-board trains. One-way tickets for travel between Jamaica and Belmont, sold on trains to use in conjunction with a monthly or weekly ticket, are $12. A one-way ticket from Jamaica to Belmont, purchased at an LIRR station to use in conjunction with a monthly or weekly ticket, is $7.00.
CityTicket is not valid for travel to Belmont Park.
Belmont is a special event station and therefore services are limited. The station is not wheelchair accessible, and there are no elevators and only limited escalator service. It is necessary to use a staircase to and from most train platforms.
After the Race
Concert from 7:30pm to 9:00pm at the top of the stretch in close proximity to the LIRR station, featuring the Desert Highway Band (A Tribute to The Eagles).
STAKES DAY ALCOHOL POLICY:
- The MTA Police will be enforcing a no alcohol policy on trains to Belmont Park on Stakes Day
- Bags and coolers are subject to search prior to boarding Belmont Park trains at Penn Station and at Jamaica Station
- On Belmont Stakes Day no alcoholic beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the Belmont Park facility
The restriction regarding alcohol has been enacted in the interest of patron safety and in an attempt to make sure that people drink responsibly.
NYRA SECURITY POLICIES:
Enhanced restrictions are in place for the 2014 Belmont Stakes.
- No Coolers
- No back packs, duffle bags, briefcases or luggage
- No purses larger than 12” in diameter
- No umbrellas, non-folding or folding furniture
- No cameras with detachable lenses, tripods, or lenses more than 6” in length, or camcorders
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages may be brought into the facility
For a complete listing of banned items including coolers, back packs, briefcases/luggage, camcorders, cameras with detachable lenses and umbrellas, please call 718-641-4700 or visit nyra.com.
For more information on races and admission please call: 718-641-4700 or visit NYRA.
- Google Translate