LIRR One-Ticket Ride to the MetLife Stadium
for Football Games
and Select Events
Getting There is as Easy as 1, 2, 3...
Customers can take the LIRR to the MetLife Stadium for football games and select events.
- Take a regularly scheduled LIRR train to Penn Station.
- At Penn, proceed to New Jersey Transit’s (NJT) upper or lower level concourses to board a NJT train to Secaucus Junction (SEC), about a 12-minute ride. Check NJT monitors for track assignments for trains to “SEC” or listen to announcements. NJT tracks are numbered 1-12; some NJT trains may use LIRR Tracks 13-16 on weekends.
- At Secaucus Junction, show your rail ticket at the gate and then follow the signs to the lower level for the short train shuttle ride to the Stadium. Train
shuttle service will run frequently starting approximately three hours before each game and up to two hours after the game. Train shuttle service from Secaucus to Meadowlands varies for other events. Please verify your itinerary at njtransit.com for schedules to Meadowlands from NY Penn Station or Secaucus Junction (SEC).
click on map to enlarge
LIRR and NJT trains are not direct connections - please time your trip accordingly.
For all game times, NJT has three departures in the first fifteen minutes after the hour, for at least two or three hours before the game. See LIRR Schedules and NJT Meadowlands Schedules (NJT lists Penn as "New York Penn Station") or we offer help...
Note: MetLife Stadium does not allow coolers or any oversized containers on their property.
Buying Train Tickets
LIRR customers can purchase joint LIRR/NJT tickets to "Meadowlands" Station for off-peak one-way, round-trip and ten-trip travel. At machines, select the button that reads "...to Another Station", then select "M", then "Meadowlands" Station. These tickets are valid for travel on both LIRR and NJT trains for Football games and limited events. We recommend you purchase round-trip tickets before boarding since NJT does NOT sell this joint ticket, and tickets purchased on-board trains cost more (see NJT ticket rules).
The joint Meadowlands tickets are NOT available at Penn, Brooklyn, Long Island City or Hunterspoint Avenue LIRR stations and are NOT available on board LIRR trains.
At Ticket Machine or Ticket Office: Purchase a round-trip joint
ticket to the “Meadowlands” Station for off-peak travel. Price is standard
LIRR fare plus $10.50 for round-trip NJT portion of travel. NJT does not sell the joint ticket, therefore we recommend round-trip
LIRR Tickets Holders: Commuters/customers that already have an LIRR ticket to Penn or Zone 1 must purchase a NJT ticket to the Meadowlands. NJT tickets can be purchased at windows on the NJT upper level or at ticket machines, available throughout the NJT upper and lower levels. NJT machines list Penn as "New York Penn Station." Please allow extra time as lines may be long before games. We suggest using machines in NJT waiting area.
Tickets & Fares
Adults (ages 12-61)
LIRR tickets to “Meadowlands” include the standard LIRR and NJT fare. The current NJT round-trip fare is $10.50 (NJT has discontinued the round-trip discount). Off-peak ten-trip tickets offer a 15% savings on the LIRR fares, and include 10 NJT one-way fares.
Fare difference exists for Seniors & Children; please read carefully to get the best fare:
Adults (ages 62-64)
To receive the cheapest fare we recommend you purchase separate tickets: standard Adult LIRR fare to Penn Station, and Senior fare at NJT ticket offices or ticket machines.
Seniors (age 65 and Over)
LIRR Senior tickets to “Meadowlands” include the standard LIRR discounted Senior fare. LIRR Senior Ten Trip tickets are available as a convenience ticket at 10 times these fares.
Children (ages 5-11)
LIRR tickets to “Meadowlands” include the LIRR family fare of $1.00 each way. The LIRR fare is good for up to 4 children per adult.
Be sure to allow time to purchase tickets before boarding. LIRR one-way and round-trip tickets are now valid for 60 Days from date of sale. Ten-trip tickets are valid for six months and can be shared. Tickets are refundable up to 6-months from date of sale and are subject to a $10 processing fee per transaction.
NJT Ticket Rules
Customers must have either a joint LIRR/NJT ticket to the Meadowlands or a NJT-only ticket from New York Penn Station to the Meadowlands before boarding NJT trains at Penn Station. NJT train crews check tickets on-board trains. Customers without tickets from Penn Station to the Meadowlands will have to purchase them on board NJT trains and be subject to the $5 additional fee or purchase a New York Penn Station-to-Meadowlands ticket at a Secaucus TVM prior to entering the station or going through NJT fare gates.
- Weekends - NJT has a supersaver fare in effect; up to two children per adult ride for free. If one adult is traveling with more than 2 children on weekends, they must purchase extra child tickets at NJT windows or ticket machines.
- Weekdays - purchase NJT tickets separately for all children at NJT windows or ticket machines.
Children under 5
Up to three children ride free with each adult.
|Home Games/Major Event Schedule -
Service and tickets are good for these dates:
- Buy round-trip tickets to the Meadowlands (LIRR/NJT) in advance; select "To Another Station" and then "M" for Meadowlands at LIRR ticket machines at your home station. Meadowlands tickets are not available on-board, or from Penn or Brooklyn. Commuters/customers with LIRR tickets to Penn or Zone 1 should purchase Meadowlands tickets from NJT windows/machines.
- Plan your travel time accordingly; trains are not direct connections.
- Remember to take your tickets when changing trains.
- The MetLife Stadium does not allow coolers or any oversized containers on their property.
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:
- Clear bags that are 12” x 6” x 12” or less in size (1 bag per person)
- Small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5” x 6.5” or less in size (1 per person)
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
All bags and other permissible items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.
The following items are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:
- Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size including purses/handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, and briefcases/computer bags
- Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
- Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
- Alcohol of any kind
- Banners, signs or flags of any size
- Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
- Weapons, any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management
- Google Translate