LIRR One-Ticket Ride to the MetLife Stadium
for Football Games
and Select Events
Getting There is as Easy as 1, 2, 3...
Customers can take the LIRR to the MetLife Stadium for football games and select events.
- Take a regularly scheduled LIRR train to Penn Station.
- At Penn, proceed to New Jersey Transit’s (NJ TRANSIT) upper-or lower-level concourses to hop aboard a NJ TRANSIT train to Secaucus Junction (SEC), about a 12-minute ride. Check NJ TRANSIT monitors for track assignments for trains to “SEC” or listen for announcements. NJ TRANSIT tracks are numbered 1-12; some NJ TRANSIT trains may use LIRR tracks 13-16 on weekends.
- At Secaucus Junction, show your rail ticket at the gate and
then follow the signs to the lower level for the short train shuttle ride to the Stadium. Train shuttle service will run
frequently starting approximately three hours before each game and up to two hours after the game. Train shuttle service from Secaucus to Meadowlands varies for other events such as concerts. Please verify your itinerary at njtransit.com/meadowlands for schedules to
Meadowlands from New York Penn Station or Secaucus
Visit njtransit.com/meadowlands for more info. LIRR and NJ TRANSIT trains are not direct connections - please time your trip accordingly.
Buying Train Tickets
from any Long Island Rail Road Station to the Meadowlands Station
LIRR customers can purchase tickets to the "Meadowlands" Station, which are valid for travel on both LIRR and (NJ TRANSIT) for Giants and Jets home games and select events. Visit mta.info/lirr or njtransit.com/meadowlands for full Meadowlands service listings.
At Ticket Machine or Ticket Office:
Purchase a round-trip joint ticket to the the "Meadowlands" Station for off-peak travel. Price is standard LIRR fare plus $11.00 for round-trip NJ TRANSIT portion of travel. NJ TRANSIT does not sell the joint ticket, therefore we recommend round-trip purchases.
LIRR one-way and round-trip tickets are valid for 60 days. Be sure to allow time to purchase tickets before boarding. Tickets are refundable up to 60 days from date of sale and are subject to a $10 processing fee per transaction.
Tickets Purchasing Tips
Traveling often or with family or friends?
Purchase an Off-Peak Ten-Trip to the Meadowlands, good for 10 One-Way rides. You’ll save an additional 15% on the LIRR portion. Tickets are valid for six months and can be shared by up to five adults Round-Trip.
Traveling with the kids?
You can’t beat our Family Fare: children under 12 years of age ride for only $1.00 each way Off-Peak all the way to the Meadowlands Stadium Station. Up to four children may travel with each fare-paying adult on the LIRR, up to two on NJ TRANSIT.*
Special Senior Fares
Customers age 65 and over should purchase LIRR Reduced- Fare tickets. Reduced-Fare tickets to the Meadowlands include the NJ TRANSIT fare of $4.90 for Round-Trip tickets.*
Already have an LIRR ticket?
At Penn Station, purchase a NJ TRANSIT ticket to the Meadowlands at NJ TRANSIT ticket windows or ticket machines before boarding. Monthly & Weekly ticket holders should purchase NJ TRANSIT tickets to Meadowlands before boarding NJ TRANSIT trains (TIP: use machines in NJ TRANSIT waiting area). You can also buy train tickets with MyTix, a feature of the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, or purchase your tickets from Penn Station New York online at njtransit.com/meadowlands
NJ TRANSIT Ticket Rules
Customers must have either a joint LIRR/NJ TRANSIT ticket to the Meadowlands or a NJ TRANSIT-only ticket from New York Penn Station to the Meadowlands before boarding NJ TRANSIT trains at Penn Station. NJ TRANSIT train crews check tickets on-board trains. Customers without tickets from Penn Station to the Meadowlands will have to purchase them on board NJ TRANSIT trains and be subject to the $5 additional fee or purchase a New York Penn Station-to-Meadowlands ticket at a Secaucus TVM prior to entering the station or going through NJ TRANSIT fare gates.
- Weekends - NJ TRANSIT has a supersaver fare in effect; up to two children per adult ride for free. If one adult is traveling with more than 2 children on weekends, they must purchase extra child tickets at NJ TRANSIT windows or ticket machines.
- Weekdays - purchase NJ TRANSIT tickets separately for all children at NJ TRANSIT windows or ticket machines.
Children under 5
Up to three children ride free with each adult.
|Home Games/Major Event Schedule -
Service and tickets are good for these dates:
|1/1/2017||Jets vs Bills||1:00pm*|
- Buy Round-Trip tickets to the Meadowlands (LIRR/NJ TRANSIT)
in advance; select “To Another Station” and then “M” for Meadowlands at LIRR ticket machines at your home station.
Meadowlands tickets are not sold on-board, or from Penn
Station or Brooklyn.
- Plan your travel time accordingly; trains are not direct
- Remember to take your tickets when changing trains.
- MetLife Stadium does not allow coolers or any oversized containers on their property.
- Commuters/customers with LIRR tickets to Penn Station or
Zone 1 should purchase Meadowlands tickets from NJ TRANSIT
- MTA eTix are not valid for travel to or from the Meadowlands
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:
- Clear bags that are 12” x 6” x 12” or less in size (1 bag per person)
- Non-clear, small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5” x 6.5” or less in size (1 per person) Please see the Metlife Stadium Bag Policy
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
All bags and other permissible items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.
The following items are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:
- Any type of bag or purse that does not fit within the event day bag policy
- Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size including purses/handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, and briefcases/computer bags
- Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
- Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
- Alcohol of any kind
- Banners, signs or flags of any size
- Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
- Weapons, any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management
- Google Translate