Take The Train to the Plane at JFK, LGA, ISP, EWR
The LIRR provides easy access to all four of the metropolitan area’s major airports.
The LIRR is uniquely positioned to bring Long Islanders to all four of the metropolitan area’s major airports via mass transit.
- To John F. Kennedy International Airport, take the LIRR to Jamaica Station and switch to the Port Authority JFK AirTrain.
- To LaGuardia Airport, take the LIRR to Woodside Station and connect to the Q70 LaGuardia Link SBS bus to the airport.
- To Islip’s Long Island MacArthur Airport, take the LIRR to Ronkonkoma Station and connect to the taxi/shuttle to the airport.
- To Newark Liberty International Airport, take the LIRR to Penn Station and transfer to New Jersey Transit to Newark Liberty International Airport.
If you’re traveling to Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP), save time and money by using the Long Island MacArthur Airport Getaway Package (includes taxi/shuttle to/from Ronkonkoma Station to the Airport). Purchase at LIRR ticket windows or ticket machines (not sold at airport).
For all other airports -- One-Way and Round-Trip tickets are sold at station ticket windows and ticket machines or through the MTA eTix® (the LIRR’s mobile ticketing app). For substantial savings, purchase Ten-Trip or Off-Peak tickets. Buy before boarding to save money and time.
We recommend that you bring only luggage that you can comfortably carry yourself. The LIRR does not offer Redcap or baggage-handling services. Luggage should be stored in overhead racks and not take up seat space or block the aisles or doorways of trains. Luggage may not be left unattended and customers must remain near their luggage. Bags and containers are subject to random search by MTA police.
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
At LIRR’s Jamaica Station, there is an in-station link to the AirTrain platform – AirTrain travels to the airport from Jamaica every 4 to 12 minutes. The AirTrain ride takes about 10 minutes. The AirTrain JFK is connected to the Railroad's hub by escalators, elevators, people movers, and an overhead mezzanine bridge.
Best Deal: Add a $5 MetroCard to your LIRR ticket.
LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
Long Islanders can quickly reach LaGuardia Airport through the LIRR. Customers on any of the LIRR’s branches can disembark at Woodside and connect with the Q70 LaGuardia Link SBS, which operates along a specially designed route (approximately 15-min away). The Q70 LaGuardia Link SBS provides direct, full-time, limited-stop service between the LIRR at Woodside Station, and Terminals B, C and D inside LaGuardia Airport. Q70 LaGuardia Link SBS fare is $2.75 and is available at the bus stop ticket machine or with a MetroCard.
Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP)
If Islip’s Long Island MacArthur Airport is the destination, then the LIRR to Ronkonkoma Station is the way to go. Upon reaching Ronkonkoma, connect with the taxi/shuttle bus to the airport (just 1 mile away).
Best Deal: Buy the discounted LIRR Long Island MacArthur Airport Getaway Package at LIRR ticket windows or ticket machines (Press “Getaways”).
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
From Long Island, take any LIRR train to Penn Station. To transfer to New Jersey Transit at New York Penn Station, buy your ticket, then board a Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line train to Newark Liberty International Airport Station.
|John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)||(718) 244-4444
|LaGuardia Airport (LGA)||(718) 533-3400
|Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)||(973) 961-6000
|Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP)||(631) 467-3300
Buy LIRR Tickets with MTA eTix®
Traveling from out of town? Buy tickets from LIRR’s mobile ticketing app, MTA eTix®, and save time.
- Download the free MTA eTix® mobile ticketing app from the Apple Store or Google Play and set up an account in advance of travel.
- Purchase MTA eTix® mobile tickets before traveling. Activate tickets just before boarding, and have your mobile device ready for ticket validation after boarding.
- For more information visit: mta.info/eTix.
- Google Translate