Take the Train and Bus to Work
If you work on Long Island, we can make your commute easier. Convenient bus connections are available from 46 Long Island Rail Road stations. Buses meet a large number of trains during the rush hour and throughout the day. And with many different ticket options, we make your trip more affordable as well.
One-Way Bus Fares
MetroCard or exact change is accepted on NYC Transit and NICE.
Nassau Inter County-Express: $2.75 cash fare; $3.00 MetroCard Fare
NYC Transit: $2.75
Suffolk Transit: $2.25 (routes S92 & 10C, $2.50)
Long Beach: $2.25
UniTicket combines bus fare and LIRR train fare into one money-saving ticket. The following discounted bus options
are available with the purchase of a LIRR monthly or weekly ticket.
Nassau Inter County-Express: $50.25/$12.25
NYC Transit: (limited routes) $41.25/$11.00
Long Beach: $30/N/A
To simplify your commute, the Long Island Rail Road has put together Rail/Bus Timetables that provide train and connecting bus times for popular bus routes.
These timetables are available at local stations:
|Station||Bus Route||Rail/Bus Timetable|
|Great Neck||N25||Lake Success|
|Mineola||N22, N24||Roosevelt Field|
Purchasing LIRR Tickets
The LIRR offers convenient options for purchasing tickets.
Join Mail&Ride and enjoy the convenience of our monthly ticket-by-mail subscription service. Save 2% when you purchase a joint Monthly Ticket/Monthly Unlimited MetroCard. You can manage your account online, and pay using a number of convenient options. Visit www.mailandride.com for details or call 511, say “LIRR” – then say “Mail&Ride” at the prompt. All tickets have a MetroCard on the reverse side. Choose the MetroCard option that works best for you:
- $0 Option: $0 MetroCard value and LIRR fare. MetroCard value can be added at any NYC Transit station booth.
- $50.00 Option: $52.50 MetroCard value and LIRR fare. MetroCard value can be added or transferred to another card at any NYC Transit station booth. MetroCard valid for 6 months.
- $121.00 Option: Unlimited Monthly MetroCard and 2% discount on LIRR fare. Expires at the end of the month. MetroCard value cannot be added or transferred to another card. Unlimited Metrocard cannot be used on Express Buses.
Convenient ticket machines sell most ticket types and accept cash, credit or debit cards.
Tickets can be purchased at open ticket offices with cash, credit or debit, check or money order.
Tickets cost more when purchased on the train so always Buy Before Boarding.
LIRR Ticket Types
We offer a variety of ticket types based on your traveling pattern.
- Monthly: Unlimited rides during the calendar month
- Weekly: Unlimited rides Saturday through Friday
- Off-Peak Ten-Trip: Good on off-peak trains from/to Zone 1 only. Ticket offers a discount of 15% off the price of 10 regular off-peak fares and is valid for six months from date of purchase.
- One-Way Off-Peak: Valid for one trip in either direction for off-peak travel
Schedules & Fares: 511
- Google Translate