Big Savings - NYC Daytrippin' with the LIRR
The LIRR has the solution to your winter blues. A day at the museum, dinner and transportation – for around $80! Combine one of several LIRR discounted museum packages with one of more then 340 of NYC’s finest restaurants participating in NYC Restaurant Week and plan YOUR perfect day in the city – whether it’s dinosaurs and ribs or French impressionists and French cuisine, there’s a deal in the making just for you. Bring a friend or loved one and make a day of it. NYC Restaurant Week continues through March 6th with 3 course menus for only $38 per person for dinner or $25 per person for lunch. Go to NYCGo.com for details and restrictions. LIRR discounted getaway museum packages include admission and discounted round trip tickets to these attractions:
- Museum of Modern Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum
- The Museum of Natural History
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
For further information on these and other LIRR NYC discount packages visit mta.info/lirr/getaways.
New Fare Information
New fares take effect Sunday, March 22.
A majority of LIRR customers will see fares increase 4.25% or less. Fares will rise between 2.2% and 6.1% for tickets to/from Zone 1, depending on ticket type and distance traveled.
- Monthly tickets for April 2015, on sale starting March 20, will be priced at the new rate.
- Weekly tickets for March 28 - April 3, on sale starting March 25, will be priced at the new rate.
- Ten-Trip tickets purchased before March 22, 2015 will remain valid for 6 months from date of purchase.
- One-Way and Round-Trip tickets purchased before March 22, 2015 will remain valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
- CityTicket fare for One-Way weekend travel within NYC will increase to $4.25 starting March 22.
- Mail&Ride customers with Unlimited Ride MetroCards will be charged the existing $112 MetroCard rate in March. The new $116.50 MetroCard will take effect in April.
- Mail&Ride customers with the $50 MetroCard please note that while the price of this MetroCard remains the same, the bonus value is changing from $52.50 to $55.50.
- WebTicket will be temporarily unavailable for LIRR ticket purchases as we transition to the new fares. Customers are advised to purchase their tickets at Ticket Machines or staffed Ticket Windows during this time.
Subways & Buses
- Subway and bus fares also increase on March 22, 2015.
- MetroCards will not be available at LIRR Ticket Windows and Ticket Machines from March 16 to March 21 as we transition to the new $5.50 and $25 MetroCards. Note: The $1.00 fee for an in-system purchase of a new MetroCard remains unchanged.
New Timetables include Spring Track and Construction Programs
The LIRR’s new timetables, dated March 2-May 17, will include the introduction of a new holiday eve train for Ronkonkoma Branch customers and off-peak schedule revisions on a number of branches to accommodate trackwork and construction projects. Weekend trackwork projects will also alter Saturday/Sunday schedules on the Babylon, Far Rockaway, Hempstead and Long Beach Branches. The new holiday eve train to Ronkonkoma will run on Tuesday, March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day), Friday, April 3 (Good Friday & Passover) and all subsequent holiday eves. It will depart Penn Station at 1:46 PM, making stops at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then all stops to Ronkonkoma, arriving at 3:07 PM. For details pick up the new branch timetables dated March 2, 2015- May 17, 2015 or see mta.info. In addition, special timetables will be issued for the following weekend trackwork projects:
- Installation of new switches on the Ronkonkoma Branch will result in buses replacing trains between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma on the weekend of March 7-8.
- Track maintenance on the Port Jefferson Branch during the weekend of March 14-15 means hourly intervals between Hicksville – Huntington trains. That same weekend, train service between Port Jefferson and Huntington will be reduced from 90 minutes to every two hours.
- The installation of new concrete track ties on the weekend of March 21-22 between Hicksville and Syosset will also mean train schedule revisions. Look for special weekend timetables as these dates draw near.
LIRR Will Take You To Islanders Hockey Next Season
Since opening in 2012, Brooklyn’s Barclays Center has become a global destination, hosting some of the biggest events in sports and entertainment. Beginning with the 2015-16 season, the NHL’s New York Islanders will permanently relocate to Barclays Center from their current home, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Long Island. While the arena sits a short distance from 11 different subway lines and multiple bus routes, most important to New York Islanders fans will be the ability to take the LIRR directly to and from Atlantic Terminal, just steps away from Barclays Center. To make travel for Long Islanders even easier, the LIRR has restored late-night Atlantic Terminal service between midnight and 2:00 AM and has added eight trains - four eastbound and four westbound. This is an exciting time for Brooklyn and New York Islanders fans. Get ready for a great team, a great arena, and a great way to get there. Take the “Fastest Line” in Hockey, the Long Island Rail Road, to the game.
Resorts World Casino Package
You can bet on this LIRR getaway package to give you some winter fun! Come play, dine and unwind at Resorts World Casino in Queens. With more than 5,000 table games and slot machines on two spacious floors, it’s the only game in town! There’s free nightly entertainment in Bar 360, big-event concerts and dance parties on the third floor along with numerous dining options to satisfy every taste. The LIRR package includes an off-peak round-trip rail ticket, a voucher for $20 in free play and a $5 food voucher redeemable after a customer has earned 25 points. The Resorts World Casino free shuttle depot is located across the street from the LIRR’s Jamaica Station. For more info check the LIRR’s website at www.mta.info/lirr.
Overall on-time performance for January was 90.28%.
- Google Translate