LIRR Summer Saturdays
LIRR SUMMER SATURDAYS are our way of saying “Thank You” to our most loyal customers, Monthly ticket holders (and their friends and family too)! For 13 consecutive Saturdays this summer, from June 2 through August 25, LIRR Monthly tickets will be honored system wide, to and from all LIRR stations. Monthly ticket holders will also have the option to bring along up to four additional travelers for only $1 per person each way!
Click Here for exciting merchant discounts to help make your day even more rewarding!
Here’s how it works:
- Have a valid Monthly ticket
- Invite up to 4 of your friends and family
- Purchase your Family Fare tickets
- Pick your LIRR destination station
- Ride the rails and make a day of it
Customers traveling with an LIRR Monthly ticket holder can purchase a Family Fare ticket for the Saturday of travel (June 2 – August 25) in the following ways:
- At LIRR stations
- From Ticket Machines
- From a Ticket Window – during hours of operation
- Via the MTA eTix app
- On-board from a Conductor
At the Ticket Window, you must ask for the Family Fare ticket by name. If using one of our Ticket Machines, follow these instructions to buy a Family Fare Ticket:
- Select “One-Way” ticket from the screen and choose the “Off-Peak” option.
- The selections will indicate “Child ages 5-11” or “Adult”. Select “Child”.
- Then select the “Continue” button.
- You should see an option to select a Family Fare ticket. Select Family Fare.
- At this point, you can add additional tickets or complete your transaction.
Things to know before you go:
- Summer Saturday Family Fare tickets are only valid when traveling with a monthly ticket holder.
- The following trains and event stations are excluded:
- Google Translate