Take the LIRR to the
101st PGA Championship
May 13-19, 2019
The MTA Long Island Rail Road is pleased to offer service to the 101st PGA Championship at Bethpage State Park. Extra trains are being provided to the LIRR’s Farmingdale Station for the event, as detailed in the brochure.
At Farmingdale Station, fans will board complimentary PGA shuttle buses for the short ride to Bethpage State Park and the Main Spectator Entrance. Golf fans are encouraged to purchase Round-Trip tickets before boarding trains, as tickets bought onboard cost more.
Service to the 101st PGA Championship via Farmingdale Station
Eastbound LIRR train service to Farmingdale will depart from Penn Station, Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola and Hicksville. Connecting service will be available from Brooklyn. Those traveling to the 101st PGA Championship from eastern Long Island will be provided with direct service to Farmingdale from the Ronkonkoma, Central Islip, Brentwood, Deer Park and Wyandanch stations. Customers traveling from the Port Jefferson Branch should transfer at Hicksville for trains to Farmingdale. When changing trains, remember to take your ticket with you. For more information, visit www.mta.info/lirr. For assistance on your way to and from the 101st PGA Championship, look for LIRR personnel assigned to Farmingdale Station.
- To save on fares and avoid lines, buy Round-Trip train tickets to/ from Farmingdale in advance before boarding from any LIRR Ticket Machine, Ticket Office, or the MTA eTix® app (LIRR’s mobile ticketing app).
- Please activate MTA eTix right before boarding.
- Listen to train station announcements regarding track and
- Make sure you get off the train at Farmingdale – the LIRR’s stop for the 101st PGA Championship.
- Bicycles will not be permitted on trains to the 101st PGA Championship.
- Do NOT drive to Farmingdale Station – NO parking is available.
- For your return trip, please allow adequate time to walk to the on-site bus terminal, board a PGA shuttle, ride to Farmingdale Station and have tickets validated before boarding.
- Trains will leave promptly at scheduled departure times.
- Buy tickets before boarding; tickets purchased onboard cost more.
- Children under 5 ride free; up to four children 5-11 ride for $2.00 Round-Trip each (Family Fare). Off-Peak only.
|Zones||Adult Off-Peak Round-Trip||Seniors (Age 65+) Round-Trip||Onboard Adult Off-Peak Each Way|
1 to 7
3 to 7
|4 to 7
|7 to 7
Hicksville, Bethpage, Farmingdale
|9 to 7
Wyandanch, Deer Park
|10 to 7
Brentwood, Central Islip, Ronkonkoma
Prohibited Items in the Park
- Prohibited bags will NOT be accepted or stored onsite.
- Backpacks of any size and drawstring bags.
- Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” in their natural state, with the exception of folding chair bags (chair must be removed from bag at security checkpoint).
- Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” sold in The PGA Shops will be tagged as prohibited for re-admission due to size regulations.
- Personal electronics such as computers, laptops, or tablets
- Drones, hoverboards, laser pointers or selfie sticks
- Golf clubs
- All oversized chairs with wide arm rests (portable, folding canvas chairs will be permitted with carry bags searched prior to entry)
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including pocket knives
- Buckets, ladders, milk crates, or stools
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Food (except in limited quantities for medical, dietary, or infant purposes)
- Beverages (one unopened, sealed bottle of water per spectator is permitted)
- Banners, posters, or signs
- Any materials with unauthorized advertising or promotion
- Deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security at their sole discretion
Mobile Device/Cell Phone Policy
Mobile devices must be kept in Golf Mode Setting at all times at the 101st PGA Championship:
- Set device to silent or vibrate, including but not limited to, ringer, notifications, and alerts.
- Camera flash turned off.
- Incoming and outgoing calls may only be made or received more than 100 yards away from competition.
- Text, email, social posting and other data use is allowed on the golf course at any location providing players are not in position and about to play their shots.
- Mobile device photography, as well as audio and video capturing, is allowed in all areas during Practice Rounds (Monday-Wednesday).
- During Championship Rounds (Thursday-Sunday), photography, audio and video recording is prohibited anywhere within 100 yards of competition or when requested by players, caddies, marshals, volunteers, security or Championship staff and officials.
There is NO parking available at Farmingdale Station or Bethpage State Park during the 101st PGA Championship
Fans who travel by car must park at Jones Beach, then board complimentary shuttle buses to the golf course. Because Farmingdale Station is on the LIRR’s Ronkonkoma Branch, Suffolk County residents traveling west to Farmingdale should know that they can park at any LIRR station east of Farmingdale (Ronkonkoma, Central Islip, Brentwood, Deer Park and Wyandanch) for free on weekends, then take a train to the 101st PGA Championship. Nassau County residents traveling east to Farmingdale can park on weekends at the Mineola Intermodal Center at Mineola Station for $6 per day, up to 20 hours, and $12 per day, up to 24 hours.
Being contested at Bethpage State Park for the very first time, the 101st PGA Championship will mark the event’s official move to May and establish its place as the season’s second Major Championship. Routinely featuring the strongest field in golf, the PGA Championship is the only all-professional field among golf’s Majors. Having previously hosted the 2012 & 2016 Barclays and the 2002 & 2009 U.S. Opens, the Black Course at Bethpage has been a regular member on Golf Digest’s roster of America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses. The LIRR looks forward to an exciting Championship as the world’s best players compete for the Wanamaker Trophy at
Bethpage Black this May!
Monday-Wednesday, May 13-15
Gates open at 6:30 AM, Practice Rounds
Thursday & Friday, May 16 & 17
Gates open at 6:15 AM, First and Second Rounds of Competition – 6:45 AM approximate starting time
Saturday & Sunday, May 18 & 19
Gates open at 7:00 AM,Third and Fourth Rounds of Competition – 8:00 AM approximate starting time
Learn more about the Championship schedule at: PGAChampionship.com
- Google Translate