LIRR Autumn Weekends
LIRR Autumn Weekends are our way of saying “Thank You” to our most loyal customers, Monthly ticket holders (and their friends and family too)!
For 10 consecutive weekends this Fall, from September 8 – November 11, LIRR Monthly tickets will be honored system wide, to and from all LIRR stations. Monthly ticket holders will also have the option to bring along up to four additional travelers for only $1 per person each way!
Here’s how it works:
- Have a valid Monthly ticket
- Invite up to 4 of your friends and family
- Purchase your Family Fare tickets
- Pick your LIRR destination station
- Ride the rails and make a day of it
Customers traveling with an LIRR Monthly ticket holder can purchase a Family Fare ticket for the weekend of travel (September 8 – November 11) in the following ways:
- At LIRR stations
- From Ticket Machines
- From a Ticket Window – during hours of operation
- Via the MTA eTix app
- On-board from a Conductor
At the Ticket Window, you must ask for the Family Fare ticket by name. If using one of our Ticket Machines, follow these instructions to buy a Family Fare Ticket:
- Select “One-Way” ticket from the screen and choose the “Off-Peak” option.
- The selections will indicate “Child ages 5-11” or “Adult”. Select “Child”.
- Then select the “Continue” button.
- You should see an option to select a Family Fare ticket. Select Family Fare.
- At this point, you can add additional tickets or complete your transaction.
Some exclusions include:
- Travel on the Ronkonkoma Branch between Hicksville and Ronkonkoma on the weekends of September 8-9 and 15-16, due to a busing program substituting for trains.
- Trains going to Oyster Festival the weekend of October 13-14.
Things to know before you go:
- Autumn Weekend Family Fare tickets are only valid when traveling with a monthly ticket holder.
- Google Translate