Penn Station Enhancements
Long Island Rail Road Train Hall Renovation
New 33rd Street Corridor Project Begins on June 17
Monday, June 17, marks the start of a major renovation effort to transform the customer experience at Penn Station. The project will focus on improving access via 33rd Street Corridor and 7th Avenue entrance, and includes a dramatic new entrance pavilion that will introduce natural light into the station environment, new escalators from street-level, a widened corridor, higher ceilings, new wayfinding signage, new information systems and many other amenities.
- Closing some Ticket Windows.
- Removing the main train departure board above the Ticket Office.
- Relocating four Ticket Machines (later this summer).
To accommodate customers, ticket agents equipped with hand-held ticket-selling devices will be deployed on high-volume ticket-purchasing days, and digital train and track information displays will be placed in key locations.
- Skip the lines and buy your tickets via MTA eTix®.
- Use our new Train Finder tool — mylirr.org — which includes track departure information. Train and track information can also be found in the Arrival Countdown screen on the LIRR Train Time®.
- Avoid construction activity by waiting for your train in the new West End Concourse.
Later phases of this project will require the temporary relocation of ticket windows and other changes. Stay tuned for updates as work progresses.
For more information, visit amodernli.com or contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477). Automated schedule information is available 24/7. Agents are available to assist customers daily from 6 AM until 10 PM. To speak with an LIRR employee, say the word “Representative” when the prompts begin.
- Google Translate