Developer Data Downloads
Thank you for requesting MTA data.
Most MTA data feeds, including current train and bus schedules, current service status, and elevator and escalator status, are hosted by the MTA and available below by agreeing to the MTA’s terms and conditions.
To access real-time arrival estimates of railroad trains, subway trains and buses, or real-time vehicle geographic positions, developers must register and receive an official API key. Please click here to request a key.
As a reminder, use of MTA data to power apps must be hosted on developer servers and not pointed back to MTA servers.
Those who have received a key for real-time data, or anyone who wishes to access all other data, should click here to review the full terms and conditions of MTA data usage. In order to access data downloads, you must agree to these terms and conditions.
About the MTA
The MTA comprises:
- MTA New York City Transit, operates New York City subway, Staten Island Railway, local and express buses in New York City, and Access-A-Ride paratransit.
- The MTA Bus Company, operates local and express buses in New York City.
- MTA Long Island Rail Road, operates commuter rail service between Long Island City and New York City.
- MTA Metro-North Railroad, operates commuter rail service between New York City, its northern suburbs, and Connecticut.
- MTA Bridges and Tunnels which operates seven bridges and two tunnels for motor vehicle traffic in New York City.
- MTA Capital Construction, provides construction management for major projects, including Second Avenue subway, 7-Line Extension, and Fulton Transit Center.
- Google Translate