Agreement for Access to Metropolitan Transportation Authority ("MTA") Data Feeds
The MTA's data for the transportation services of MTA's operating agencies is made available as a public service. Members of the public can access and download this data through applications ("Apps") that have been developed by MTA and are available for download at http://www.mta.info/DevelopersData In addition, the MTA makes this data available to App developers who agree to the provisions of this access agreement and comply with its requirements.
Certain MTA data feeds are accessible only through issuance of an API key. An App developer who agrees to the terms and conditions of this access agreement by clicking "I agree" and completing and submitting the Online Registration Form will be issued a Developer's API key. The key will enable the developer to access the MTA's data feeds.
In all instances, clicking "I agree" obligates third party developers to adhere to the Terms and Conditions. This agreement authorizes the developer to download and host the data on the developer's or a third party's server and to make the data available to others who will access the server provided by the developer.
MTA prohibits the development of an app that would make the data available to others directly from MTA's server(s). Violation of this policy may result in deactivation of a Developer API key and denial of access to MTA data feeds.
Terms of Agreement
The MTA's data feeds are provided without charge to developers who agree to the following:
- In developing your app, you will provide that the MTA data feed is available to others only from a non-MTA server. Accordingly, you will download and store the MTA data feed on a non-MTA server which users of your App will access in order to obtain data. MTA prohibits the development of an app that would make the data available to others directly from MTA's server(s).
- Unless you have an MTA license for your app, you will not state or imply in any manner that your app is licensed by MTA or that the data is provided by an MTA server. You may, however, indicate the data was obtained by you from an MTA server and is stored on your own server. When using MTA Real-Time data feeds, if there is a lag time of more than 1 minute between the real time of the MTA data and the actual time of the MTA data as accessed from your server, you will also indicate the information provided by your app to the end-user may not be real time because of the lag time between the real time of the MTA data and the MTA data as provided by you.
- You will not state or imply that the data is accurate, complete, or timely. You may however, state that you obtained the data from MTA and, through your own server, are redistributing it.
- You will not use the data or make it available in any manner that is inaccurate, misleading, false, or unlawful.
- You will not modify or delete any of the data. You may, however, create an App that uses some but not all of the data.
- You will access and review MTA's requirements for when you need a license from MTA in order to distribute you app. Go to License Information for those requirements. If MTA's requirements require that you have a license, you agree to promptly request a license by following the instructions on the License Information web page.
- MTA provides you with and you accept the data and the data feed "as is" and without any MTA warranty or representation that the data or the data feed is merchantable, accurate or complete, suitable or fit for a particular purpose, compatible, available, reliable, non-infringing, secure, or virus free.
- Your access to and receipt of the data feed is entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the development and use of your app, including but not limited to determining and providing within and as part of the development of your App for its design, functionality, and security features.
- It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws including any laws dealing with the ability of a person with a disability to access and use your App. Even if such laws do not apply, MTA recommends and requests that insofar as applicable and relevant, you include such accessibility and use in the development of your App.
MTA reserves the right at any time for any reason or no reason and without notice to you to:
- Terminate or suspend the availability of the data feed.
- Permanently or temporarily terminate your access to the data feed because MTA has determined in its sole discretion that you have violated this agreement.
- Change any or all of the provisions of this access agreement, including a change which would require you to change your app or result in you not being eligible to continue to access the data feed.
MTA will endeavor to inform you in advance of any of the above actions but has no obligation to do so.
Yes, I agree to these terms and conditions. Please allow me to view and download the data.
- Google Translate