South Ferry Terminal Project
The reconstruction of the South Ferry Terminal will result in the relocation of the station platform and mezzanine to a new location underneath Peter Minuit Plaza and State Street. The rebuilt station will include the following improvements:
- A full-length platform that will accommodate two 10-car subway trains, allowing customers to board and alight from each subway car
- Additional station entrances to reduce congestion and provide better access,and provide improved access to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal and Battery Park.
- A new free transfer between the lines at the South Ferry Terminal and the lines at Whitehall Street station.
- Station accessibility compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The new South Ferry Terminal will be built with sufficient overrun track south of the platform to allow trains to safely enter at higher speeds.
- The crossover tracks north of the station will utilize state-of-the-art switching technology
- The overall design of the station will provide capacity for up to 24 trains per hour.
When the reconstruction project is finished, the project benefits will include:
- Reduced Customer travel times
- Improved on-time performance and service reliability
- Improved station safety
- Enhanced customer environment
- Improved connectivity with other subway lines
- Potential for future service growth
- Support for the redevelopment of Battery Park & Lower Manhattan
- Google Translate