About Tolls by Mail, the cashless tolling pilot at the Henry Hudson Bridge
Tolls by Mail is a cashless tolling pilot that began at the Henry Hudson Bridge in November 2012 that allows for ALL drivers to proceed through the toll plaza via ANY LANE WITHOUT STOPPING. If a vehicle crosses without an E-ZPass, a Tolls by Mail bill will be sent to the vehicle owner. This new system makes for more efficient traffic flow as motorists no longer have to switch lanes to get a cash-only toll lane or wait in line to pay the toll. It also reduces auto emissions and conserves gas because vehicles are not idling while motorists wait in line to pay a cash toll.
How am I Charged?
If you don’t have an E-ZPass, a photograph will be taken of your license plate and the registered owner of the vehicle will get a bill in the mail.
Owners who get mailed toll bills will be charged the current cash rate of $5 while MTA E-ZPass users pay $2.44, a savings of $2.56 per trip. So far in 2013, about 94 percent of drivers who use the Henry Hudson use E-ZPass.
I Crossed the Bridge - Where's My Tolls by Mail Bill?
It can take up to 30 days to receive your Toll Bill, depending upon the number of trips you make. You will have 30 days to pay from the date of your Toll Bill.
If you have received a toll bill for travel on the Henry Hudson Bridge, there are several ways you can pay. You will need your toll bill to complete any of the following payment methods:
- Online: Click here to pay with your bank account or credit card.
- By Phone: Call Customer Service at 1-800-333-TOLL (8655) and pay by credit card. If you lost your TOLL BILL or haven’t received it yet, you may also call the Customer Service Center to request a duplicate TOLL BILL.
Para Español 1-800-333-TOLL (8655) oprima dos ¡Haga clic para visitar el sitio de Tolls by Mail!
- In Person:
- Visit one of hundreds of VisaReadyLink retail locations to pay with cash, fee applies.
- Visit one of three Customer Service Center locations in Staten Island, Queens, and Yonkers to pay by cash, check or money order. Click here for Customer Service Center locations.
- By Mail: Mail your check with your toll bill stub and toll bill number on your check to:
Tolls by Mail
Payment Processing Center
P.O. Box 15183
Albany, NY 12212-5183
- Google Translate