This is a new feature for customers who want the convenience and big savings of E-ZPass but also want more control of their cash. With the Reload Card, you can have an E-ZPass account and reload it with cash at thousands of stores in the New York City metropolitan area. It is not a credit card; it is a card you present when you want to put cash on your E-ZPass account.
There are many ways to get a MTA Cash Reload Card:
- If you purchase an E-ZPass in a cash lane, and you do not link your account to a credit card or checking account when you register, you will be automatically sent a MTA Cash Reload Card that is already linked to your account.
- The Reload Card will also be automatically sent to customers who open their account through the mail or at a walk-in center and select cash or check as their pay medium.
- If you are an existing customers, call the Customer Service Center and request one at 1 800-TOLL or 8655.
With your MTA Cash Reload Card, you can easily replenish your E-ZPass account with cash at over 2,500 thousands of stores that participate in Visa ReadyLink. There is a reload fee with Visa ReadyLink. Click here for preferred locations that charge $2.00 or less for reload fees.
Here’s how it works:
Give your reload card and cash to the register attendant or use the self-service kiosk that supports Visa ReadyLink. The cashier will swipe your reload card and your cash will be applied to your E-ZPass account. At a kiosk, swipe your card and insert your cash.
Get your receipt—and go! You'll have the funds in your E-ZPass account within 24 hours.Did you know that 7-Eleven, and CVS are Visa ReadyLink retail locations? Click here to find the nearest Visa ReadyLink locations to you. Or look for the Visa ReadyLink symbol at the point of sale cash registers or marketing decals at store entrances and kiosks.
- You must have a MTA E-ZPass account to select this replenishment option.
- There is a $20.00 minimum reload not including the retail store reload fee.
Remember, you can buy a pre-paid E-ZPass On-The-Go in any MTA toll cash lane.
(This is not a credit card.)
- Google Translate