Identity Access Management System (IAMS)
Welcome to the Identity Access Management (IAMS) Site. Here you can find information about the program including user guides, how-to videos, and relevant updates.
What is the IAMS Program?
Identity Access Management (IAMS) is a new initiative developed by MTA IT to streamline the process for ensuring employees have access to computer resources, applications, and other services they need to perform their duties.
ALL MTA EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS NEED TO COMPLETE THE ONE-TIME IAMS REGISTRATION!
How do I register with IAMS?
- Go to https://myaccess.nymta.info
- Login with your BSC ID and MTA Network Password (the password you use to login to your computer/work station – NOT your BSC Password)
- Provide an alternate phone number and email address
- Choose/answer three security questions
- You are DONE!
Check out the Quick Links below to locate IAMS training/reference materials:
- IAMS Password Reset Operation - CLICK HERE
- ALL TRAINING/TUTORIAL VIDEOS - CLICK HERE
- IAMS PASSWORD MANAGER REFERENCE GUIDE - CLICK HERE
- TRANSITION FROM I-VAULT TO IAMS REFERENCE MATERIALS - CLICK HERE
- WATCH PREVIOUSLY RECORDED TRAINING VIDEOS - CLICK HERE
Have a general question about the IAMS initiative? Send your question via email to IAMSInquiries@mtahq.org
There will be several phases of this program which will introduce additional features, but the roll out of the first phase is focused on providing the following:
HIGH LEVEL BENEFITS THIS ENHANCED IDENTITY ACCESS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WILL PROVIDE:
- Ability to reset your password at any time and from anywhere.
- Provide self-service for employees to manage/change their network password, without needing the Service Desk to assist with this task. This will make the process of resetting lost/forgotten passwords much more efficient for all employees and reduce the dependency of the Service Desk to handle this task. Note that this will be the primary feature rolled out to B&T employees in the initial phase of this project.
- Simple Sign-in for Multiple Systems: As this program moves into future phases and more systems are added, you will be able to login to multiple systems using one password.
- Improved Security: Provide an enhanced process for ensuring that employee access to applications/services are validated on a recurring basis for security purposes and audit requirements.
- Provide automated and simplified user and contractor onboarding process
- All Agency Standard Active Directory/Network User account provisioning and de-provisioning
- Internet access
- Kronos Access except for B&T
- In the future additional onboarding activities will be added to the above list
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
You will need to register to take advantage of the password reset tool: If you forget your network password or you’re away when it expires, you no longer have to call the Service Desk to get it reset. With MTA’s new Self Service Password Reset tool, IAMS, all you’ll need is access to the Internet.
After registering at https://myaccess.nymta.info, the next time you need to reset your password, you can access the tool on any computer or mobile device (on or off the network) and change it online.
Note that if you change your password using this https://myaccess.nymta.info, the same strong password requirements apply. It needs to be at least ten (10) characters long and include three of the following: numbers (1), upper case letters (1), lower case letters (1), or special characters (1).
Currently the Password Reset Tool only works to reset your MTA network password (used to access email, network drives, and internal intranet sites). However, in future other key business applications will be added.
The Service Desk is still available to help with password resets if you encounter technical difficulties while using IAMS.
- Google Translate